Tuesday, 2 June 2015

PS Vita Development blog 3

Development blog 3

After using the lights to help record better footage in my room and recording my friend acting out the scenes, I had then looked through the best footage to use. I found that file DSC_0029 was the best to use as after matching up the movement of the camera, I had found that it also mimicked the camera movement very well too in MatchMover and therefore chose one track point to use for my scene; I eventually imported this into Maya.
The tracked footage in MatchMover is displayed below (Unfortunately, due to file problems, the image sequence is not loaded.).



I had then downloaded an image of the Vita background with icons from google images and cropped out each individual area to use and selected a background to use for the Vita too. I then imported each of these textures into Maya's blinn files and sorted them to not reflect any light and become transparent. I also recreated the Vita screen to reflect the hologram as it would show up in the animation but came across a problem.

Usually, when placing an object down on Maya over a photo sequence to mimic the object present, it would look out of place and usually this would require the user to move the object and key frame it. Unfortunately this wouldn't work at all as the plane did not match up to the Vita's screen. To resolve this, it required me to then key frame each point in the area to look as though it stays over the Vita screen. This is shown below.
The area highlighted is where I had keyframed the points for the screen to match up.



This presented more of a problem as this wouldn't work well with the other objects that were going to be placed. A way around this was to create a null object and a null group, snap the point to one corner of the Vita Screen and place the plane there, allowing the animation to work. I had then imported the Vita holograms in, added lights to mimic the hologram screen and table top and set up render passes for my animation ready to composite. The finished file in Maya is shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment