Tuesday, 2 June 2015

PS Vita Development blog 2

Development blog 2

Realising that lighting was a huge issue for my subject, I had to borrow a studio light from the college to use for helping light up my scene and track better in match mover. Using the studio light (shown right), I had to follow the health and safety procedures listed below:
  • Do not touch the light with bare hands when turned on. Use the heat glove supplied with the light to move if needed.
  • Make sure that there is enough space for the tripod that the light sits upon. 
  • When not in use, turn the light off to allow to cool down before dismantling.
  • Make sure all three feet of the tripod that the light stand upon are flat, otherwise it will topple over. 
  • Unscrew the latches carefully and make sure to tighten when chosen the right position. 
I had experimented with my lighting in my room at halls. Because my room at home was blue, it actually made the shot darker and therefore wasn't a suitable environment to record in however my room at halls was painted white, which fortunately helped me to light my subject up more with control on where I point the light. It also had a function to either open or close the aperture of the light lens, allowing it to either flood or spot on the area. I had found that having the flood option was the best as it allowed me to have light cover the area. The flaps allowed me to also concentrate the light on a squarer area, rather than spotlight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment