Once I had come up with a storyline to work from, I was given a Nikon d3100 (shown right) to use for shooting my scenes during my Easter break. I had little idea of what way I was going to shoot my scene.To use the camera to record my footage, the image below shows how to.
Step 1. Push the lever to the right to open up the live view. This is so that we can view the source on the screen instead of the view finder above it.
Step 2. Press the shutter gently. Pressing the button all the way down will take an image. We want to focus our subject as it is not in focus and therefore the video will blur.
Step 3. Either a red or green square will occur. Red means that the subject/area is in focus and therefore will blur the shot. Green means that there is enough lighting in the scene to start taking a video.
Step 4. Press the record button to record the video footage. This will be shown on the screen and once the footage has been recorded, press the record button again to stop.
Unfortunately, the shots I used to try and track on MatchMover were too blurred because of poor lighting. The camera was set to have a high aperture, meaning that there would be more quality images. It also meant that I needed a lot of lighting, not just adequate lighting to have it record my footage. When there is hardly any light shining in through the lens, footage is blurred in motion.

No comments:
Post a Comment